AFIJO Nº 22270 DE LA RSCE RECONONOCIDO POR LA FCI
SOCIOS DE AKIHO
SOCIOS DE LA RSCE
SOCIOS DE LA ASOCIACION ESPAÑOLA DEL AKITA Y SHIBA (JASA) DESDE 2005 Y MIEMBROS DE SU JUNTA DIRECTIVA
SOCIOS DE LA ASOCIACION ESPAÑOLA DE PERROS NORDICOS Y AKITA (CEPNyA) DELEGADO DE LA RAZA Y MIEMBROS DE SU JUNTA DIRECTIVA
Asahi no Tamashi Akita Kennel
Akiho Standard 1938
Akita Dog (Odate Dog) Standard
April 1938 (13th year of Shouwa) Submitted by Tatsuo Kimura Ventura, California
1. ESSENTIAL QUALITIES: Calmness with much dignity, loyalty, inherent pristine beauty with no gaudiness.
2. APPEARANCE: Well-balanced body with distinguishable sexual differences between male and female. Solid body with well-developed muscles. Ratio of height to body length in the male is 100:110, while the female has slightly longer body length in relation to height. Height of the male is 2 shaku (60.6 cm, 23.9 inches) or more, while that of the female is 1 shaku 8 sun (54.5 cm, 21.5 inches) or more.
3. EARS: Somewhat thick, short and triangular. Ear tips are somewhat round, tilted slightly forward and erect.
4. EYES: Small, deeply set, somewhat triangular, slanted with blackish brown iris.
5. MOUTH AND NOSE: Bridge is full and nose is shiny. Tapering muzzle. Powerful teeth with proper bite.
6. HEAD: Large skull. Shallow head with definite longitudinal crease and stop. Well-developed posterior head. Neck with well-developed muscles at proper angle.
7. TRUNK: Deep chest with proper rib cage expansion. Abdomen is tucked up tight.
8. BACK AND HIP: Straight back. Powerful hips.
9. LIMBS: Abundant in bone and well-developed straight forelegs. Strong and sturdy hind legs, especially at the hocks.
10. TAIL: Thick and tightly curled. Types of curl: right curl, left curl, curl over back and double curl.
11. COAT: Coarse and straight outer coat. Soft and thick undercoat. Rather long tail coat that somewhat unfolds and stands. Colors: white, red, goma (sesame), black, brindle and pinto. Black nose except in white coat.
12. ANUS: Somewhat elliptical and does not protrude. Large and contracted.
1. Lacking distinctive features of an Akita dog. 2. Noticeable overshot and undershot jaws. 3. Short coat since birth. 4. Droopy ears.
5. Long (moku) and short coat.
1. Acquired injuries and dietary deficiencies. 2. Coat color not matching color of nose. 3. Light iris. 4. Pinto coat. 5. Short tail coat and uncurled tail.
Translator’s Note: Note that the old term Odate dog, referring to the Akita dog, is included in this original Akita dog standard from Akiho.